$135.00 – $675.00
(*CLICK* magnifier to enlarge photo)
Greg photographed “Fog Wisps on Mormon Lake,” on a rare Arizona rainy day just out of Flagstaff en route to El Paso.
Certain aerial vistas are endlessly amazing due to the underlying terrain – the Grand Canyon, for example, is astonishing one way or another anytime you see it. Other sights, however, might be encountered just once in a lifetime, especially those rendered momentarily magical by weather.
One of only two natural lakes in all of Arizona,* Mormon Lake is dry much of the year and generally unremarkable from the air. But on this particular occasion Greg encountered rippling surface textures he’s never seen anywhere before or since. Had he not recently visited Mormon Lake on the ground, he might never have unraveled the visual mystery.
The lake had been dry for months and its bottom parched into a cracked-earth mosaic. The sudden arrival of rain had filled the resulting mud panels with pondlets, which now in turn blossomed with individual fog wisps. It was a sight Greg felt lucky to recognize and photograph, and one we’ll not likely see again.
For the story behind this flight, see Greg’s “New Friends,” Flying Carpet column.
*Although it might be considered a mere pond in wetter states, Stoneman Lake is Arizona’s other natural lake.
Order your Fine Art Metal Print!
Your cost including super-affordable shipping and any sales tax will appear in the shopping cart before payment.
(Scroll down to see a complete pricing matrix, framing options, out-of-area shipping, and other relevant details.)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
*Fine Art Metal Print nominal sizes and pricing, ready-to-hang:
|Frameless Mount||Flush Frame||Float Frame|
- Plus $20-$30 two-day shipping to Continental US**, and applicable sales tax.
- ~2 week estimated delivery.
- Print sizes may vary with image proportions.
Default color for Flush and Slim-Float Frames is black, or you can specify variations of those styles at the same price, in Order Form “Comments” above.
**Contact Greg for additional shipping, media, size, and framing options. Please include desired print name, size, and delivery address if shipping outside the Continental US.
30" x 40", 24" x 36", 20" x 30", 16" x 24", 12" x 18", 11" x 17"
Frameless Mount, Flush Frame – black, Floating Frame – Black
“Gila River Threads the Needle’s Eye Wilderness”$135.00 – $675.00 Select options
“Malpaís Lava Field,” Potrillo Volcanic Field, New Mexico$135.00 – $675.00 Select options
“Superstition Mountains Mist”$135.00 – $675.00 Select options
“Death Valley Sand Dunes,” California$135.00 – $675.00 Select options