The Savvy Flight Instructor: Secrets of the Successful CFI: Second Edition
by Gregory N. Brown
You’ve mastered the Flight Training Handbook, and wrapped up one of the toughest orals of your flying career. You can now fly and talk at the same time, all from the right seat. You can write lesson plans, enter mysterious endorsements in student logbooks, and actually explain the finer points of a lazy eight. That’s everything you’ll ever need to know to be a flight instructor… No more questions, right?
Yeah, right! If you’re a little apprehensive about where those students are going to come from, and how you are going to teach them, you’re not alone. The Savvy Flight Instructor is designed to help out with all those “other” flight instructing questions, like how to recruit new flight students. And once you’ve got ’em, how do you keep them flying? How can you optimize your pass rate on checkrides? What are the tricks for getting students to return for their advanced ratings?
Along with tips on how to attract and retain flight students, this book is about professionalism in flight instructing: how to advance your personal flying career by increasing the skills and satisfaction of your students, while promoting general aviation at the same time.
New in this 2nd Edition
This new edition adds 20 years of additional knowhow to the networking, pilot training, and customer support concepts that made the original edition required CFI reading, plus lots of important new material you won’t want to miss.
- A new dedicated section for aspiring flight instructors explains why and how to become a CFI, and how to get hired.
- Instructors at all levels will learn how to sell today’s pilot prospects via online marketing and social media, and how to outsell competing activities beckoning from a finger-touch or mouse-click away.
- Seasoned flight instructors and flight school managers will learn how to systematize customer success and satisfaction, price and structure their services to fit today’s markets, and implement flight instructor professionalism.
Also, learn the “finer points” from industry experts:
- Learn how today’s flight training innovators promote their services and serve their customers in Heather Baldwin’s case-studies chapter.
- Discover how flight school owner and marketing guru Dorothy Schick crafts customer service policies to put clients first.
- Longtime DPE Jason Blair shares insights on checkrides and CFI specialization opportunities.
- Ever wonder how the big private and collegiate flight academies operate so efficiently? Then don’t miss Ben Eichelberger’s flight training standardization chapter.
- And no one’s better qualified to project future flight training trends than renowned aviation writer and editor Ian Twombly.
In short, this book shows how to use your instructing activities to surpass student expectations, achieve business success, promote general aviation, and advance your personal flying career all at once. (Peek inside, here.)
Published by ASA (Aviation Supplies and Academics, Inc.)
ORDER The Savvy Flight Instructor 2nd Edition in print, PDF, or ePub via ASA, Amazon, Apple iBook or your favorite pilot supply shop or website.
OR, ORDER AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY HERE!
- Autographed by the author
- Shipped by Priority Mail
- Availability and turnaround time may vary.
- Multiple-book orders may require additional postage cost.
- Customers outside the Continental US*, please contact Greg with your shipping address.
“If you want to know how to be a successful CFI, read this book. I am going to make it required reading for every instructor we hire…” Warren Smith, Flight Training Manager, FlightStar Corp
“Outstanding! I firmly believe that if you read this book and apply only a few of the techniques mentioned, you could easily double or triple your business. This should be mandatory reading for all flight school managers… and for an independent CFI this book is worth its weight in gold!” Steve Lofgren, National Air Transportation Association
“…a great primer for… CFIs as to how the game is played and how to win… how to attract students, how to teach ‘em, and how to keep ‘em. If CFIs follow the advice in this book, they will be successful… Every CFI ought to read it!” Flight Training magazine
Customers outside the Continental US*, please contact me via the following contact form to request shipping costs and/or other relevant information.
*Please include shipping address if outside the Continental US. Thanks!